Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tell Me A Story... No Wait, That's Supposed To Be My Job

I need a new story to tell. Seriously. I don’t know where to go from here when it comes to novel writing. In a week I will be done with Ferris Wheel as it is. Wait, that’s starting to sound like the last blog. Okay. Letting go.
I’ve deleted a lot of files recently from my computer. Most of which never really amounted to anything saleable. I felt nothing in deleting them, no sorrow for work lost or missing hours. That probably means something deep and insightful, but I’m pretty sure I just don’t care about those stories anymore.
The only one that I couldn’t delete was Dark Destinies. That was my first novel attempt based on a script I wrote for screenwriting back at uni. Back then it was titled Calling up the Dark. Over time and many re-drafts, it became the story it is now. I can’t let that one go yet. One day I might do something with it, but it’s going to be a long time coming I feel.
So, as usual, my thoughts go back to Death. More specifically my death character M’Alice (I’m considering renaming her). I deleted all her old stories so I can start again with her and Candy (her exorcist friend). Zombies, Death and Demons, Oh My. (Hey, that could be a great title of the next book...)
So yeah, I’m hitting the planning stage again. Going back to the beginning. Meanwhile, just writing that makes me think of Lessons (Buffy episode 1, Season 7) where the First changes into all these incarnations of past big bads describing how things are going back to the beginning.
Oh my indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment