So it’s all becoming real.
I’ve just ordered the proofs of the books. All 3 of them. One for me, one for mum and one for dad. But they won’t get theirs until after the Ballarat launch because I’ll need them in Red Brick and Australian Active Aim to help promote it.
I’ve still got a lot of work to get done. I have to organise a promo flier (which is a tomorrow job). I need to rework my budget to allow for extra book purchases and promotion costs.
It’s all just beginning to feel very real.
There are no excuses on my part for not getting the work done, because what else should I be doing? At the moment I have no clients (I also need to rectify that) so I have the time.
It’s just the waiting for the books that’s going to be the hard thing. I’ll be checking the mail for those ‘while you were gone’ slips that the postman leaves whenever they come and you’re not here. That’s if a postman delivers it at all. It might come through courier. I have no idea. Plus I have to place the order for the actual books tomorrow (when I get paid again) and then that’ll be another day of waiting added to the mix. Thank the PTB that the exchange rate is in my favour at the moment. Makes it easier to handle the costs knowing what is on the screen is higher than what I am to pay.
So the date is set. But what if I don’t get the books in time. I know that I probably will but there’s a little voice in my head pointing out that it might not happen. I’ve paid for the 33 day delivery. Which makes it August 23 at the earliest by my count. Or September 4 if they don’t count the weekends.
I need a plan B.