Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So, I'm being a good little writer person... I just sent of two totally different pieces to two different places. Cross those fingers people if you can.
The first was a short non-fiction article written about my experiences being unemployed. It was sent to the local paper. Let's see how long it is before they reject me as a freelance writer, seeing as they really do not want me on as staff. I've applied for more jobs with them than I have fingers or toes to count them on.
The other was a short story that I sent to Aurealis. While they don't usually print anything of mine, they do give feedback on every piece that they have rejected. The story, Divine Deception, is about trying to get out of a deal with Hecate.
The total book geek in me is apprehensively awaiting the next year's release of Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop. I have loved all of her books so far, and I knew that she'd take one of the characters where she's taking them. But, I think it is going to end up making me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment