Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's possible that I'm not meant for internet social networking

It's possible that I'm not meant to be a social creature, even on the internet...
Why is it that people think that if you add them on facebook that you are automatically bestest of buds with them? I know its the whole social networking thing, trying to get new friends and contacts, but seriously...
I don't like the chat function on facebook. More to the point, the chat function on facebook does not seem to like me. It either takes me a few hits of the keyboard to get my reply up, it also does this thing where it just shuts down as well or there are those people that call complete strangers "hun" or "honey" because they think that you're friends with them on facebook, that it gives them the right to give you an insulting petname that they think is endearing but is really demeaning. Not every female wants to be called hun or honey by complete strangers. In fact, I find it creepy on a large scale... I don't know whether they think that cos I'm a fat chick that I need the whole reassurance thing that someone thinks I'm special. I ALREADY KNOW THAT. I do not need some random person using pet names to tell me that. I am a kick ass writer and wannabe derby ref in equal measure. I am also a good friend, aunt, daughter, sister.
Anyways...
Still waiting to see my article in The Courier... Hmmm. Hope that they don't print it in the Loop, because that would be weird as I'm no longer "youth" anymore in terms of age. Back to the waiting game.
Idea of the day....
A girl after visiting her local cemetery becomes sick. Thinks that it's the flu. It's not. It's a ghost that attached itself to her....
What I'm reading...
I finished re-reading 6th target by James Patterson and Club Dead by Charlaine Harris last night. Was reading them concurrently.
What I'm listening to...
At the moment, Glee songs are playing on my ipod

No comments:

Post a Comment