Friday, June 10, 2011

Big news!

So, big news. Bigger than big actually.
I landed my first client for the media sector of my business.
I know, shocker right? I actually didn’t expect it to happen, but I think I got in contact with them at the right time for both of us.
So, who is my first client? It’s Ballarat Regional Multicultural Council and I’m helping them get as much press coverage for Refugee Week 2011.
I’m the first to admit that I don’t know a lot about refugees and what they must go through in order to make it over here, so it was a bit of a challenge at first to do some research on the topic, just so I sounded like I knew what I was talking about in the press releases. I didn’t want to rely upon clichés or stereotypes because that wouldn’t be a great way to show my skill level on my first job.
So while I’m playing the waiting game for them to approve of the work I’ve just sent in, I can play catch up on my other three projects: keeping the website up to date (www.patriciakekewick.wordpress.com); working on the new novella and also trying to write an article for the Ballarat Independent.
Yup, I’m a busy little writer girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment